12 June 2010

i wanna win a bubble beach bag

I discovered Jenny Mac via the lovely Vegetable Assassin. And I gotta say, there's something about those bubble beach bags that makes me want one. So here's a shout out to Jenny Mac and her musings and her let's have a cocktail blog.

These blogging ladies make me look pretty amateur with their pro websites and their proper english and grammar and shit, but hey, I don't mind.  I'm good with my amateur looking blog (truth be told, I have honestly considered paying someone to make me a prettier page, but I figure I ought to have more than one reader before I go all out or anything, know'm'sayn?).

If you like ladies who blog, you will also like The Redneck Mommy and Her Bad Mother.  I read these sassy ladies along with the Vegetable Assassin regularly and two things never fail:  they make me laugh out loud (that right, lolz goin' on, people) and they make me feel less alone, less like a freak for putting my thoughts out here on the interwebz for everyone who wants to see it.  Not that I advertise it, but ya know, it's there...

Ok, two things of thank today:

1. Heineken.  That's right.  Beer.  I'm thankful for beer.  It has been approximately 16 months since I was able to ingest one of these lovely green bottles of alcoholic nom.  Now that Brumby is sleeping the night, I can safely have a cocktail in the evening.

2. Tomorrow marks the return of True Blood to my television screen.  Ok, so the show may not half as good as the Sookie Stackhouse books, but it's still pretty damn good.  In particular, I am looking forward to some more screen time for Eric.  I am SO Team Eric.  Oh yeah.  I'm also looking forward to the introduction of Alcide to the show, and I'm very curious how his character will play out on the series.

And there you have it, the true nature of my geek has shown itself.  My geek comes out in vampire and werewolf fiction.  I loves it, I do, and I ain't ashamed to say it!

And now, the Brumby calls...

No comments:

Post a Comment